Research Assistant (m/f/d) for the division Future Energy and Industrial Systems
To support the research unit International Energy Transition, in particular the ongoing WISIONS of Sustainability initiative
Founded in 1991, the Wuppertal Institute sees itself as a leading international think tank for impact and application-oriented sustainability research. Its work focuses on shaping transformation processes towards a climate-friendly and resource-efficient world.
You will support the research unit International Energy Transitions within the division Future Energy and Industry Systems. In particular, the ongoing WISIONS of Sustainability initiative. The overarching goal of the initiative is to initiate and strengthen sustainable transformation processes in the global South. To this end, multi-stakeholder alliances (known as Innovation Labs) are currently being formed in Nepal and Colombia to develop and disseminate innovative solutions to energy access challenges faced by rural and peri-urban communities.The language of work is English. You will support specifically with:
- Communication with international project partners
- Management of stakeholder engagement processes
- Documentation of innovation lab activities
- Creation of social media post, news and other formats for public dissemination
- Data collection and literature review on topics relevant to the project
- Writing of reports and contribution to scientific publications
- You are currently studying sustainability, energy, environmental, economic, political or social sciences, geography or a similar study programme – enrolment in a bachelor's or master's degree programme is mandatory for this position
- You have a keen interest in sustainability topics such as energy transitions, renewable energy, sustainable development and energy access
- You have good communication and intercultural competences. You are a teamplayer, but able to work independently
- You have good research, analytical and writing skills
- You have very good English language skills (oral and written) and at least a working knowledge of German. Knowledge of Nepali or closely related Indo-Aryan languages is an advantage.
- You are confident in the use of common MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Layout skills are an advantage.
What we offer
- Individual coordination of working hours (19 hours/week) with the team in order to properly combine your studies with your part-time job.
- Insights into project work in the field of sustainable energy access and initial practical experience in scientific work.
- Long-term cooperation in a team that is looking forward to welcoming you and familiarising you with your new tasks.
- A research institute as an employer that lives diversity and values every person – regardless of nationality, disability, age, ethnic and social origin, religion, world view, family responsibilities, gender identity and sexual orientation.
We look forward to receiving your application documents (in a PDF file) by 6 June 2022, quoting reference number 311-SYS-IET, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note our data protection policy.