The Links between the Environment and Competitiveness
The project aims at studying the links between the environment (in terms of regulation and performance) and the competitiveness of companies and industries.
Task 1 analyses the impacts of differences in water policies on the competitiveness of industries.
- To which extent and in which direction do different national water policies exert influence on the competitiveness of enterprises and sectors?
- How can the influence of legislation on the competitiveness be increased/reduced?
- What is the influence of the EU water policy on European businesses and sectors on the one hand and, on the other hand, on the scale and success of the protection targets when compared to the water policies of other countries (USA, Japan, Canada, etc.)?
Task 2 analyses the relation between resource productivity and competitiveness:
- Does higher resource productivity entail a higher competitiveness of enterprises?
- How can resource productivity be measured on national/sectoral/company level?
- What are the determinants of a high/low resource productivity?