The report will provide basic information for the planed development of a continuous monitoring of the bioeconomy. It will develop an overview of existing approaches, in particular for a systems perspective and modeling of the bioeconomy.
The following questions will be addressed:
- What aspects are considered critical for providing a comprehensive, systemic perspective of the transformation towards a sustainable bio-based economy?
- What criteria and indicators should be applied to make all relevant dimensions of the bioeconomy measurable?
- Which methodological approaches are available to identify barriers, conflicts, trade-offs and systemic effects?
- What current research or monitoring projects and which key research institutions should be considered?
- What approaches, data, and indicators are already available, what are the gaps, and what are the key recommendations to fill these gaps?