The German-speaking community of Belgium (DG Belgien) coordinates the accession of its municipalities to the Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy. For the "Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plans" (SECAP) it needs
- to elaborate energy- and CO2-balances;
- to analyse the potential for the development of renewable energies;
- to define climate targets in the sectors of private households, tertiary sector, industry, mobility and public sector;
- to develop energy and climate actions to achieve the 2020 / 2030 targets;
- to develop actions for the adaptation to climate change;
- to plan financing, communication and implementation of the actions.
The Wuppertal Institute supports in cooperation with EEB ENERKO the German-speaking community of Belgium in the development process of the SECAPs.