Education and Academic Training
- Diploma Business Engineering (Industrial Engineer) (University of Karlsruhe (TH), Germany)
- Diploma Economics (Aix-Marseille Université, France)
- PhD (Dr.-Ing.), Department for Electrical Engineering, Energy Technologies, University of Paderborn, Germany
- Since July 2019: Co-Head of Research Unit Digital Transformation in the Division Circular Economy of Wuppertal Institute
- Since February 2019: Project Co-ordinator in the Division Circular Economy of Wuppertal Institute
- 2016 - January 2019: Vice-President Innovation Strategy and Innovation Portfolio Management at E.ON SE in Essen
- 2011 - 2016: Vice-President Innovation Portfolio Management at E.ON AG in Düsseldorf
- 2007 - 2011: Head of Competence Center Gas Technologies, E.ON Ruhrgas AG, Essen, since 2018 Vice-President Research & Development at E.ON Ruhrgas AG
- 1994 - 2007: Wuppertal Institute, lately as Vice-Director of the Research Group 1 "Future Energy and Mobility Structures" and head of focus project "New energy carriers and fuels"
- 1994: Guest Researcher at "International Energy Studies Group", Energy and Environmental Analysis Program, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), California, USA
- Digitalization and Sustainability
- Industrial Transformation
- Innovation Management
- Since 2016: University of Wuppertal, Faculty of Economics / Schumpeter School of Economics: "Industrial Infrastructures and Cimate Protection - Transformation Processes in Industry"
- 2001 - 2003: University of Paderborn, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Information Technologies and Mathematics: "Sustainable Industrial Production"