BARMER is a service company in the field of health and long-term care insurance. With around 9 million insured persons, BARMER is one of the largest statutory health insurance in Germany.
The overriding goal of the joint project between BARMER and the Wuppertal Institute is to prepare the integration of sustainability into Barmer's corporate and brand strategy strategically and conceptually and to accompany it scientifically.
Within the framework of a strategy workshop, the participants will reflect the following research questions critically:
- What role do statutory health insurance companies play in sustainability transformation?
- How can statutory health insurance companies integrate sustainability into their core business?
- How can BARMER contribute to the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)?
- How can employees experience sustainability in their day-to-day work and help shape sustainable processes on their own responsibility that are linked to BARMER's strategic and operational goals?
- Which new research questions arise for statutory health insurance in the context of environmental and climate protection as well as social megatrends?